Frustrating ... and I've tried some other deep-ish system fixes suggested online. So it goes and given the world's problems having to use snip isn't the worst that could happen. I do feel Win10 gets creakier with every update ... something always seems to break. But I appreciate the response and the moral support. Cheers!!
snip and sketch not working
My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-09-14T14:56:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-14T16:31:03+00:00 I poked around a bit and it appears that a user cannot add an app to the Notifications and Actions list. Why? Have no idea.
From that I can only assume that S&S not being on the list has its notifications turned off somehow by default(?), thus causing the snip problem. That's my best SWAG at the moment.
I found Qs related to this that were 5 years old, so this issue has been with us "forever".
-
Anonymous
2020-10-01T16:52:23+00:00 Hello PlanetBOFA,
Good day!
I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!
In several cases, corrupted or missing system files that are related to your drivers can lead to this error.
- Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
- Type in: sfc /scannow
- Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
- Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.
Hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.
I followed the steps, looked like all was fine, rebooted, but still when i snip a section (win-Shft-S) i have no clue where that snippet goes .... not in pictures, not in screenshots, not in appdata local temp as some have suggested why is this such a mystery !! ?
Windows key and print screen key do create a picture file in pictures screenshots ... but still, no where to be found are the selected snips .... please help more ! ?
-
Anonymous
2020-10-01T17:06:32+00:00 For starters, generic "fixes" *might* solve problems but not often in my experience.
Try this. Look in Settings > notifications and actions and see if Snip and Sketch is enabled. If not, enable it and try your snip again. If Snip and Sketch is not in your notification list, I have no idea how to fix that problem.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-06T20:10:03+00:00 One of the solutions talked about getting in and doing a CMD. Seeing that this is what I did:
1. I deleted Snip & Sketch
2. Went into App Store to download. It said I already had it and could Launch it. BUT it also had an option to reset it. So I did that and it worked.
Sorry don't remember all the steps and what order but if you find a way to just reset instead of deleting, try that. Works great now. My problems started on 10/5/2020