snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-12T14:35:29+00:00

    The sfc & DISM combo didn't work for me so I wanted to give what you suggest a try but I don't see notifications anywhere in snip & stretch properties or settings. How did you get there? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-29T18:24:11+00:00

    I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.

    I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings.  I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did??  Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.  

    Hope this might help others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T16:32:39+00:00

    Did the hoop jumpin' listed above and it did NOT fix my snip and sketch problem. I've noticed more than a few folks complaining that recent updates have broken this app. In my case, I can no longer "snip" which I was able to do before these recent updates.  App had an update on 8/17/2020 - still broke.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T16:32:41+00:00

    Hello PlanetBOFA,

    Glad to know that solution worked! Please feel free to accept the answer as for other users to find this solution quick. Have a good one! Stay safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T16:30:53+00:00

    That worked, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments