snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. JX313 7,055 Reputation points
    2021-01-29T04:36:04+00:00

    You can use the shortcut keys Win key + Shift+ S to open Snip & Sketch. Select the area you want, and a notification from Action Center will pop-up saying that the screenshot has been saved to clipboard. Click the notification, and ta-da, you get the screenshot for editing.

    Otherwise while doing with the app, the screenshot is automatically taken to the app's window. So after selecting the area, go to the app window to get it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T04:05:08+00:00

    Ok, mine is working now. I have:

    Windows 10 home edition:

    1. I went into settings / apps / scrolled down and found snip and sketch
    2. I left clicked on snip and sketch and you will see uninstall, I did. (I later found out you could have clicked on advance features and hit reset and tried that first...fyi)
    3. once removed, I went to 

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/snip-sketch/9mz95kl8mr0l?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

    and installed it again.

    1. restarted my computer, it has worked since.

    Best of luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T03:43:13+00:00

    Mine's broken as well and nothing will fix it it seems.

    Just go ahead and use the old snipping tool.

    Luckily that still works...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-14T18:53:48+00:00

    I tried every suggestion in this thread and have spent hours trying to fix this issue.  It worked last week just fine and now this week it is broken.  The only thing it will snip is the lock screen, despite being in another microsoft program.  The different options are no longer available and it opens as a full window and nothing else can be displayed.  I am not sure what happened and I am so frustrated. Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I was hoping at least one would restore snip and sketch.  I use it daily for my work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T02:40:26+00:00

    I am not sure I'm following but when S&S stopped working on my computer (PC) the only "fix" I had was to uninstall it and then go to the Microsoft Store and download and install it again. I'm not much help but maybe it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments