snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-30T15:04:00+00:00

    Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me.  Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates.  No re-install.  No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc. 

    *****************

    I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.

    I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings.  I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did??  Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.  

    Hope this might help others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T07:06:16+00:00

    You can try a clean-install and see if that fixes, instead of an in-place reinstall.

    Thanks for the reply but I won't go with the nuclear option just yet.

    The snipping tool still works so I can use that.

    The PC is running fine for everything else.

    So I'll see how I go...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. JX313 7,055 Reputation points
    2021-01-29T05:29:12+00:00

    You can try a clean-install and see if that fixes, instead of an in-place reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T05:18:16+00:00

    That does work now...but when snip & Sketch are acting up, it just will not open to doing anything. The only fix for me and many I have contacted have been to completely remove it and then install it again. I know what you are saying but it just stopped working after an update and it happened to thousand from what I am hearing.

    I have tried all the above suggested methods.

    Including.

    I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the Microsoft Store but no go.
    I ran sfc /scannow in safe mode as mine does not work in normal mode for some reason (long story tried everything short of a clean install but no go.).
    It claimed to find errors but fixed them.
    I have done a DISM restore health which was OK...
    I have also done an in place upgrade.

    Any other ideas guys...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T04:56:39+00:00

    That does work now...but when snip & Sketch are acting up, it just will not open to doing anything. The only fix for me and many I have contacted have been to completely remove it and then install it again. I know what you are saying but it just stopped working after an update and it happened to thousand from what I am hearing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments