snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T02:28:44+00:00

    Unable to use snip and sketch at all.

    It starts and disappears after a second or two.

    I now use the snipping tool when required...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T17:06:50+00:00

    Are you able to take the Snip but not have it available to edit? That was my problem. I have documented the solution here, but in a nutshell, hit Win-A after taking the Snip. A bar will pop up on the right allowing you to use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-14T17:03:49+00:00

    No, that stopped working for me at home. On my work PC that is the way it functions. A solution I found, as noted above, is to hit Win-A after taking the Snip. This opens up a bar on the right to allow editing. As a bonus, this can be done at any point afterward and doesn't have to be done immediately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-31T08:51:51+00:00

    Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me.  Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates.  No re-install.  No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc. 

    *****************

    I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.

    I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings.  I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did??  Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.  

    Hope this might help others.

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have checked on my home PC where I am having this issue and I can't see skip and sketch in the notification area at all.

    I can see it on my work PC where the app works fine.

    I will investigate further...

    Further to this.

    I have since checked my pc at home and the snip & sketch notification is on for banners, sounds.

    It still fails to completely start and just stays on for a second or two.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-30T23:09:32+00:00

    Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me.  Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates.  No re-install.  No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc. 

    *****************

    I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.

    I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings.  I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did??  Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.  

    Hope this might help others.

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have checked on my home PC where I am having this issue and I can't see skip and sketch in the notification area at all.

    I can see it on my work PC where the app works fine.

    I will investigate further...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments