snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T14:59:05+00:00

    Dear DaveLPG47, this totally fixed my problem!!! I had spent hours on this issue, and am so happy to find this fix! 

    Can’t believe the solution is as simple as such! 

    As much as I love Snip and Sketch, this problem shows that the app still has room for improvement. How could it lead users to think that it’s utterly broken when all that was missing was “notification”? In any case, glad that my issue is fix :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-30T05:48:04+00:00

    I just right clicked on snip and sketch went to more then app setting the snip and sketch settings will open up go down to where it says reset and wait for it to finish then try and see if it will work for you I did for me God bless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T23:49:12+00:00

    Hello PlanetBOFA,

    Good day!

    I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!

    In several cases, corrupted or missing system files that are related to your drivers can lead to this error.

    1. Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
    2. Type in: sfc /scannow
    3. Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
    4. Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    5. Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
    6. Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.

    Hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.

    I got an error message Error87 so it doesnt work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T16:08:40+00:00

    Would have been nice to know that scan takes forever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T16:08:06+00:00

    Hello PlanetBOFA,

    Good day!

    I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!

    In several cases, corrupted or missing system files that are related to your drivers can lead to this error.

    1. Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
    2. Type in: sfc /scannow
    3. Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
    4. Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    5. Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
    6. Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.

    Hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments