No, that stopped working for me at home. On my work PC that is the way it functions. A solution I found, as noted above, is to hit Win-A after taking the Snip. This opens up a bar on the right to allow editing. As a bonus, this can be done at any point afterward and doesn't have to be done immediately.
snip and sketch not working
My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-02-14T17:03:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-31T08:51:51+00:00 Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me. Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates. No re-install. No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc.
*****************
I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.
I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings. I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did?? Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.
Hope this might help others.
Thanks for the reply.
I have checked on my home PC where I am having this issue and I can't see skip and sketch in the notification area at all.
I can see it on my work PC where the app works fine.
I will investigate further...
Further to this.
I have since checked my pc at home and the snip & sketch notification is on for banners, sounds.
It still fails to completely start and just stays on for a second or two.
-
Anonymous
2021-01-30T23:09:32+00:00 Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me. Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates. No re-install. No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc.
*****************
I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.
I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings. I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did?? Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.
Hope this might help others.
Thanks for the reply.
I have checked on my home PC where I am having this issue and I can't see skip and sketch in the notification area at all.
I can see it on my work PC where the app works fine.
I will investigate further...
-
Anonymous
2021-01-30T15:04:00+00:00 Here's a re-post of the solution that worked for me. Been months now and Snip and Sketch still works after various Win10 updates. No re-install. No jumpin' through hoops, waving chicken bones, etc.
*****************
I stumbled upon a fix for the "snip" problem I was having.
I wanted to change a notification for an unrelated app in settings. I happened to notice that notifications were turned off for Snip & Sketch (pretty sure I didn't do this), but maybe latest update did?? Anyways I turned notifications on for snip & sketch and "snip" worked for me again.
Hope this might help others.
-
Anonymous
2021-01-29T07:06:16+00:00 You can try a clean-install and see if that fixes, instead of an in-place reinstall.
Thanks for the reply but I won't go with the nuclear option just yet.
The snipping tool still works so I can use that.
The PC is running fine for everything else.
So I'll see how I go...