snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T14:59:05+00:00

    Dear DaveLPG47, this totally fixed my problem!!! I had spent hours on this issue, and am so happy to find this fix! 

    Can’t believe the solution is as simple as such! 

    As much as I love Snip and Sketch, this problem shows that the app still has room for improvement. How could it lead users to think that it’s utterly broken when all that was missing was “notification”? In any case, glad that my issue is fix :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-29T03:43:13+00:00

    Mine's broken as well and nothing will fix it it seems.

    Just go ahead and use the old snipping tool.

    Luckily that still works...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T04:18:33+00:00

    On 10/6/20 I said that I removed and then downloaded the program and it resolved the issue. It did for a while. My problem may be because my machine is old (3yrs!).  Problem is intermittent and often it would resolve by just rebooting. What I do now is open S&S as the first program after turning on PC. Don't know whether having too many other programs open at the same time messes it up but giving it priority seems to lessen the problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-12T14:35:29+00:00

    The sfc & DISM combo didn't work for me so I wanted to give what you suggest a try but I don't see notifications anywhere in snip & stretch properties or settings. How did you get there? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T16:32:41+00:00

    Hello PlanetBOFA,

    Glad to know that solution worked! Please feel free to accept the answer as for other users to find this solution quick. Have a good one! Stay safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments