It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.
Cannot download GroupMe for windows
Hi,
I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.
When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.
What is going on here?
Thanks,
Ed
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-07-04T00:54:20+00:00 No, go ahead and try launching he Windows Store.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-04T00:37:25+00:00 Well, darn those spaces and copy&paste.
Without that space everything ran fine.
Should I try to download GroupMe or are there additional steps I should take?
Thanks,
Ed
-
Anonymous
2020-07-03T20:52:57+00:00 In addition to DISM, you may also want to try
sfc /scannow -
Anonymous
2020-07-03T20:52:06+00:00 You have a space after the last /. It should be:
/SCANHEALTHAs for the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps you may need to take ownership to expand the folder. Right-click the folder > Properties > Security > Advanced > next to Owner select Change and change to administrators.