Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T18:35:20+00:00

    You should see it in your Start menu under Recently added (at the top). Otherwise type "GroupMe" into the Start menu to see if it resolves to the app. If you are doing this on a Windows 10 PC, then it will download the Windows 10 App, not the mobile version.

    To confirm it downloaded and installed, go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and you should see a series of folders named Microsoft.GroupMe10_... which would indicate it is installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T16:03:42+00:00

    Well,

    I created a second account and I could finally get the Groupme download.

    However, I do not know where that download is located and if it actually downloaded the Windows version. It looks more like it downloaded a version for a mobile phone, which I can't use.

    How can I verify which version I have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T01:31:08+00:00

    Can you logon with a different account and verify if the issue happens there as well? It can be a local account, does not need to be linked to a Microsoft account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T01:09:18+00:00

    Sorry, same error message as before.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments