Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T20:39:32+00:00

    GroupMe, like any other social media app, will require you to login. If you have an account already but set it previously to remember your credentials but no longer know your credentials, you will need to use the Forgot your password option. Otherwise, if you have never used it before, you will need to create an account or sign in with your Microsoft or Facebook account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T20:33:21+00:00

    OK, it's there now but, as before, access denied.

    It wants a user name and password, which I don't have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T19:54:39+00:00

    The reason you are not seeing the WindowsApps folder is because it is hidden. You need to un-hide it (in explorer select View > check box for Hidden items). That said, if you see it on your PC, then it is installed. Android apps will not install on a Windows PC, they are not compatible with the Windows platform (outside of using an emulator).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T19:33:06+00:00

    The C:\Program Files\ WindowsApps folder does not exist, sorry.

    However, I see it under the Start Menu. When I attempt to start it, it wants to verify something by sending a text message to my mobile phone, which is not possible. That led me to believe I have an Android version installed.

    Thanks again for your continued support. I really did not expect that on a holiday.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments