Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-07-01T18:52:53+00:00

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Jan. I'm an independent Microsoft Advisor and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

    Method 1 : WSRESET

    Press Windows key and search WSRESET

    Double-click WSreset to run the command.

    Method 2 :

    Navigate to 'Settings/ Apps / Apps & features/ Microsoft Store

    click on it select Advanced options

    Click reset

    Restart your computer

    Method 3

    Open PowerShell as Administrator.

    Type in the command or paste

    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Services.Store* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

    Then restart your computer

    open Microsoft Store

    try to download the app again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments