Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T20:19:24+00:00

    No, it did not.

    I have tried to download GroupMe in a different browser (Opera) and I see a slightly different error message. Maybe that helps pinpointing?

    Opera says it was unable to open a link since no application associated with "ms-windows-store:" protocol was found on my system.

    Hope that helps.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-07-01T19:49:08+00:00

    Try to reset your network also.

    Press windows key Search for "network reset"

    and click "reset now"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T19:27:24+00:00

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Method 1 : WSRESET

    I see a black command prompt window with a flashing cursor. Nothing else.

    Method 2 : I don't see any link "Microsoft Store"

    Method 3: That command runs, I see about a page full of yellow and red text, I restart, some result as before, no download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments