Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T18:34:22+00:00

    This is exactly how I did it!

    I tried it twice, hitting the enter key twice and this is what I see:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T17:36:34+00:00

    You are not properly inputting the command. See the image as an example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T17:22:52+00:00

    I copy/paste that command at the c prompt but nothing happens. When I hit enter the same line comes again: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T17:05:20+00:00

    Do the following for me: Right-click the Start menu > select Windows Powershell (administrator) > paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore

    Copy the InstallLocation path and post it here, e.g. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11910.1002.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    I will then send you some commands to try and fix the Windows Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments