Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T16:44:47+00:00

    No, I can not download any app.

    That entire app store thing on my PC doesn't seem to work.

    Thanks for all the help.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T15:52:40+00:00

    Can you download other apps? Try something else as a test and verify if that works. If you are unable to download other apps, that will help in isolating the cause.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T15:28:02+00:00

    OK, tried it, doesn't work either, same error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T15:06:39+00:00

    It is located in the Start menu. If you do not see it, just type Windows Store and along the way it will appear in the search and you can then add it to the Start menu or pin to the taskbar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments