Night light off after screen wakes from sleep

Anonymous
2020-07-10T09:45:05+00:00

I have the issue that night light is always off when my screen comes back from a (blank) screen saver or the PC wakes from sleep. This has been mentioned several times but the recommended solutions do no address this issue but the issue that night light is not working at all. So to clarify, night light is working, it is just off when the screen comes back from screen saver. If I then check the night light setting, it is enabled and the slider is in the correct position but I need to briefly click on the slider for the feature to actually come on again. This is rather annoying as I often work at night and need to do this several times a day then.

Is there a solution for this? And again, please do not post any links on "how to fix night light not working" because it is working. It is simply off after waking from screen saver.

BTW I am on an HP ZBOOK 15 G2 laptop with NVIDIA Quadro 1100M and Intel HD 4600 (which Windows has stopped with Code 43 - I tried many things including the usual driver roll-back/update/removing hardware and letting it autodetect again etc, but have not been able to resolved it, so I assume that the system uses the NVIDIA card only - on the latest drivers). I run WIN 10 Pro, ver 2004 and am using an external monitor AOC Q3277.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T15:50:39+00:00

    Same issue. When monitor goes to sleep and wakes (not when computer goes to sleep) night light stops being in effect, even though it's still on.

    Sometimes, it starts working agan by opening display settings, and sometimes I have to toggle night light off and on again.

    Scheduled and Always On are affected the same way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-21T22:45:51+00:00

    I have the same issue..

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T23:59:53+00:00

    This has nothing to do with graphics driver version so don't waste your time reinstalling them or doing pointless plug in plug out ceremonies. It's a bug in windows with monitor sleep functions, plain and simple. Hopefully the issue is upvoted enough for Microsoft to see it.

    Right. It's ridiculous that MS release updates that break something as simple as whether a blue filter turns on or off on either a user defined schedule or times from a calendar look up.

    It's very easy to reproduce and therefore should be easy to trace the relevant module and find why it is not being invoked properly following a fast boot wakeup. [edit: tested and turning off fast boot doesn't make a difference. It's still broken]

    Everyone reading this upvote the OP. Maybe someone in Redmond is listening!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T15:10:09+00:00

    Same here. Definitely a broken feature. Please fix 'night light' turning on after standby. This seems like a very common user scenario.

    Yes please fix the issue, I have the same problem. My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen 7, Windows updated regularly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-06T18:07:17+00:00

    Same here. Definitely a broken feature. Please fix 'night light' turning on after standby. This seems like a very common user scenario.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments