BSoD after update to Version 2004

Anonymous
2020-06-23T11:35:03+00:00

I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. 

The error shows 

VIDEO TDR FAILURE 

atikmpag.sys failed. 

Here's what i have tried so far- 

 1.Tried rebooting several times 

  1. Restore to a previous setting 
  2. Uninstall latest updates (2004 version updates)
  3. Reset the PC (without data erasing).

The error is stil persistent. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T10:32:58+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    In version 1903 your Radeon graphics should work properly . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T10:31:24+00:00

    Well in that case, do I still need to disable the Radeon Graphics after installation?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T10:22:44+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    I would recommend version 1903, it is a very stable version and would suit your hardware better . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T10:11:44+00:00

    Hey Dave,

    I have another PC with me now 

    I also see a win10 1903 version in the above link. Would you recommend trying that instead of 1909 as it already failed yesterday??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T08:43:04+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    Create that USB with version 1909 on it using the steps above

    Then MVP Greg Carmack provides a full walk-through on how to clean install Windows 10 using that USB on this link:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments