Well in that case, do I still need to disable the Radeon Graphics after installation?
BSoD after update to Version 2004
I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update.
The error shows
VIDEO TDR FAILURE
atikmpag.sys failed.
Here's what i have tried so far-
1.Tried rebooting several times
- Restore to a previous setting
- Uninstall latest updates (2004 version updates)
- Reset the PC (without data erasing).
The error is stil persistent. Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T10:31:24+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2020-06-25T10:22:44+00:00 Hi Harshvardhan
I would recommend version 1903, it is a very stable version and would suit your hardware better . . .
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T10:11:44+00:00 Hey Dave,
I have another PC with me now
I also see a win10 1903 version in the above link. Would you recommend trying that instead of 1909 as it already failed yesterday??
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2020-06-25T08:43:04+00:00 Hi Harshvardhan
Create that USB with version 1909 on it using the steps above
Then MVP Greg Carmack provides a full walk-through on how to clean install Windows 10 using that USB on this link:
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T08:39:43+00:00 Yes. I tried all options
- Startup repair does nothing but restart the laptop with bluescreen
- UEFI Firmware opens my sony vaio rescue which then leads to nothing.
- I don't know what to do with command prompt option.
- System restore has no options to restore as the last 1909 install was just yesterday.
- Uninstall updates and image recovery also have the same results as restore.
How will the usb install the OS? I am new to this. Can you please provide a few steps of instructions while i arrange a spare PC?