BSoD after update to Version 2004

Anonymous
2020-06-23T11:35:03+00:00

I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. 

The error shows 

VIDEO TDR FAILURE 

atikmpag.sys failed. 

Here's what i have tried so far- 

 1.Tried rebooting several times 

  1. Restore to a previous setting 
  2. Uninstall latest updates (2004 version updates)
  3. Reset the PC (without data erasing).

The error is stil persistent. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-30T12:02:18+00:00

    Hey Dave,

    The Sony Service guy got in touch and informed that the integrated radeon graphics card needs a change for my laptop be be functional again. This will set me back by a huge amount as the motherboard needs replacement (Rs. 34000 ~450USD). 

    I am definitely not going to get the motherboard replaced.

    Also, is there a way where I can completely disable the GPU on the system and my laptop can function? If yes, what do I lose as far as the screen experience goes? No photos/ videos or no output on the screen at all??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments