Hi Harshvardhan
Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)
Expand the Processors section
What is the exact Model No. of your i7 3rd gen processor?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update.
The error shows
VIDEO TDR FAILURE
atikmpag.sys failed.
Here's what i have tried so far-
1.Tried rebooting several times
The error is stil persistent. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Harshvardhan
Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)
Expand the Processors section
What is the exact Model No. of your i7 3rd gen processor?
This system worked well with windows 10 1909 update since Nov 2019.
I had no issues with it and I am OK with running that.
The thing is that now the system boots up only with the 1909 update, but now I have lost brightness control. I just cannot work with full brightness all the time, until the time I arrange some funds for a new laptop.
Help me gain the brightness control again and I will not bother to update this any further. Just get this system running like it was before I installed the 2004 version a week ago.
Hi Harshvardhan
Due to the age of that system, honestly, it would be best if you re-installed the previous operating system, because your video options are not compatible with Windows 10, and your system would work correctly and be stable on the older version . . .
Hi Harshvardhan
atikmpag.sys is the device driver on your ATI/AMD graphics card . . .
Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)
Expand the Display Adapters Section
Right click your video card and choose Properties
On the Driver Tab, choose 'Roll back Driver'
Restart your PC once done . . .
If that option is grayed out or does not resolve the issue, go to the support page for your device on the manufacturers website, then download and install the video driver they recommend, it may well be an older version to the one you are currently running
If your system still crashes, check to see if your PC is producing any minidump files, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes . . .
Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link
Then post the link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
I cannot understand how "Rolling Back Drivers" install 2016 drivers from previously installed 2015 drivers. The only other option then available is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".
The system starts only with the basic adapter (with no brightness control), auto updates take me back to same 2016 drivers and then again the blue screen... It's a vicious cycle.... :(
Please help... At least get my system working properly... with adjustable brightness... I may go blind staring at the screen with full brightness!
Here is the link to Minidump files you had asked for - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoASCf-q7vSmojoVOoVFgg\_oksXf?e=5jx8k0
Update- I contacted microsoft help and gave them remote access for checking. The guy said that Intel has stopped support for the i7 3rd Gen processor and the integrated AMD Radeon 7500M/7600M graphics that my system has, and I will have to stay on win10 1909 version forever with no updates for dispaly or other adapters... Is this the case?? Does this mean that my fully functional 7 year old mean machine is nothing but an antique piece now????
Hi Harshvardhan
atikmpag.sys is the device driver on your ATI/AMD graphics card . . .
Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)
Expand the Display Adapters Section
Right click your video card and choose Properties
On the Driver Tab, choose 'Roll back Driver'
Restart your PC once done . . .
If that option is grayed out or does not resolve the issue, go to the support page for your device on the manufacturers website, then download and install the video driver they recommend, it may well be an older version to the one you are currently running
If your system still crashes, check to see if your PC is producing any minidump files, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes . . .
Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link
Then post the link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .