Unable to connect to this network.

Anonymous
2020-06-24T13:12:13+00:00

I have also posted this on reddit 

My probelm is exactly stated in the title, about three days ago I noticed my pc would randomly disconnect from the home Wifi only for Windows Troubleshoot to fix it (Either it was the defulat gatway or DNS). This was usully any problem our ISP (Virign media, UK) would have.

Now the problem is that I am completly unable to connect my pc to the wifi network, via a usb dongle or a new PCI card (TL-WN881ND V2, That i bought as I though the dongle was on the fritz) .

I am currently able to connect my pc to the internet via Usb tethering from my phone, But i'd prefer and more permanent solution.

I have attempted all the solucitons presented in the link below:

Any help would be grealy apreciated

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-26T18:58:42+00:00

Sorry for that.

Please extract all the files and paste on a new folder. Then open the device manager console, locate your device. right click the device and select update driver. Select the "browse my computer for driver software". Use the browse button to select the folder with the drivers extracted from the cab file and press next.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T17:40:39+00:00

    My Windows version is 18363.900

    Windows update is up to date 

    Uninstalling my antivirus (Malware Bytes) had no change

    The router setting  had already defaulted to disabling the Mac Address Filter

    Changing my Static IPv4 address had no change.

    After all that I attempted a System restore, however there was no change and it prevented my from opening any web browser as well as preventing Windows Runtime services from working properly. Leading my to undo the System restore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T14:30:14+00:00

    I need to identify the wireless card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T14:28:57+00:00

    I build the pc myself. 

    I can give the specifications if you require them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T13:32:34+00:00

    please,

    what is your computer model?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments