Unable to connect to this network.

Anonymous
2020-06-24T13:12:13+00:00

I have also posted this on reddit 

My probelm is exactly stated in the title, about three days ago I noticed my pc would randomly disconnect from the home Wifi only for Windows Troubleshoot to fix it (Either it was the defulat gatway or DNS). This was usully any problem our ISP (Virign media, UK) would have.

Now the problem is that I am completly unable to connect my pc to the wifi network, via a usb dongle or a new PCI card (TL-WN881ND V2, That i bought as I though the dongle was on the fritz) .

I am currently able to connect my pc to the internet via Usb tethering from my phone, But i'd prefer and more permanent solution.

I have attempted all the solucitons presented in the link below:

Any help would be grealy apreciated

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-26T18:58:42+00:00

Sorry for that.

Please extract all the files and paste on a new folder. Then open the device manager console, locate your device. right click the device and select update driver. Select the "browse my computer for driver software". Use the browse button to select the folder with the drivers extracted from the cab file and press next.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-24T19:16:46+00:00

    how do I check if my IPV4 is set to dynamic?

    And everytime i use the troubleshooting tool it asks me to connect to a network, which i am unable to do in the first place

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-24T18:52:37+00:00

    does IPv4 into wifi connection is set to dynamic?

    have you running diagnostic wizard into wifi adapter?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-24T18:26:18+00:00

    I have also set up a 2nd wifi router connected to the hub and i am still get the same error message

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-24T18:25:20+00:00

    no new networks pop up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments