Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-28T12:35:41+00:00

    In settings/about page, you can click "insider preview" aka the next update.

    In my understanding, OneDrive will update to the next build, and it solved it for me.

    I was in exactly the same situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-28T13:57:51+00:00

    In settings/about page, you can click "insider preview" aka the next update.

    In my understanding, OneDrive will update to the next build, and it solved it for me.

    I was in exactly the same situation.

    That worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-28T13:57:52+00:00

    In settings/about page, you can click "insider preview" aka the next update.

    In my understanding, OneDrive will update to the next build, and it solved it for me.

    I was in exactly the same situation.

    That worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-28T22:59:12+00:00

    I know I previously wrote and said I fixed the problem, but it turns out, I had to do a clean install AFTER that reply and was no longer able to disable Files On Demand on a new installation of Microsoft 365. So this is what I determined:

    Depending on how fast you get your release updates, on or around 06/11/2020, Microsoft pushed out OneDrive version 20.084.0426.0007 and it is this version that broke the toggle for Files On Demand. If you were actively using OneDrive at the time of the update, your setting remained as is (on or off), but no ability to change it. Any new installs of OneDrive had a forced setting of Files On Demand enabled.

    Windows Insider release 20.114.0607.0001 set to roll out around 07/06/2020 appears to fix the problem. Or at least it has for me.

    There is a version just previous to this but I have not tested it.

    If you are a Windows Insider, access this version.

    If you are not a Windows Insider, wait for the production release, or push Microsoft to release the copy to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T04:08:29+00:00

    I still this problem. I couldn't uncheck "File on Demand" and I tried all method above. Anyone or Microsoft can help me. !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments