In my organization few of our employees are experiencing this kind of behavior in OneDrive. Thank you for the work around advice. However, some of our users don't like the work around. Hoping this will fixed soon as possible.
Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand
I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week. Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account. When I click that option, a warning message pops-up. When I click "OK", there is no change for this setting. Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive settings on another machine. Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?
Thank you
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-06-26T02:43:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-26T14:32:32+00:00 I followed this method and it worked great for me. I do have a question though.
In my place of work we use excel templates to collect data out at customers sites.
I need the capability to use the excel templates when I have no internet on my laptop . your work around gives me that capability.
However, these excel templates are often updated onto Sharepoint/Onedrive and replaced by newer versions (bug fixes, more efficient methods etc.)
Will using this method of 'always keep on this device' being enabled allow the templates to sync each time I have an internet connection so that I have the latest updated version on my laptop from the last time I had an internet connection?
-
Anonymous
2020-06-26T16:56:10+00:00 I agree with you, it's a pain and hope Microsoft fix it soon.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-26T17:12:19+00:00 Hi Jonny,
I'm not a Sharepoint expert and I don't work for Microsoft (be nice if I did as looking at the moment...)
But I don't see why it wouldn't work - you should test it.
FWIW here's what I would do:
- Have one person/account responsible for maintaining the master/s,
- They share a read only version of the master (read only so others can't mess up the master),
- Mark this document/folder 'always keep on this device' on each device that it's been shared with,
- You open file, save as and use as normal,
- Test it a few times, allowing OneDrive time to sync and turning off internet access etc...
I'm sure there's an easier way :)
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more