Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-16T11:03:41+00:00

    this solution works for my case..

    thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-17T20:09:03+00:00

    Hi Shan, 

    This is Renz from OneDrive Support. 

    Our development team was able to released a fix for this issue. 

    Kindly download the Rolling out version 20.114.0607.0002 

    Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb 

    Let us know if you were able to disable the file on-demand.

    Sincerely,

    Renz Ryan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T15:53:05+00:00

    Right clicking on the one drive and selecting "always keep on this device" solved the problem...

    That's what I'm saying - that option doesn't exist for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T16:19:07+00:00

    Try  downloading the Rolling out version 20.114.0607.0002 

    Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb 

    right clicking "always" kept my files available off line, but the new one drive version allowed me to finally turn off the file on demand...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-23T03:03:55+00:00

    UM.....

    NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.

     Read a later post reply of mine.

    The problem is resolved with a LATER version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments