Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T07:57:35+00:00

    Thanks

    This also worked fine for me

    BR

    Flemming

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T07:10:14+00:00

    In settings/about page, you can click "insider preview" aka the next update.

    In my understanding, OneDrive will update to the next build, and it solved it for me.

    I was in exactly the same situation.

    Thanks, 100% working solution, tested on 2 PCs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T17:44:14+00:00

    Hi

    I tried this method. I could see the file activity in taskmanager. I could see the action in OneDrive (when I clicked the cloud). The problem is I cannot find the Documents and Pictures folders on the PC. Only on OneDrive.

    Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T19:17:38+00:00

    Wow! That solved it. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T18:33:52+00:00

    Worked for me too.

    Become an Insider: Settings | Windows Update | Windows Insider Program. Join, and be sure to select Beta Channel. If you choose Release Preview Channel, you will not get it. Go through the enrollment process. Wait five minutes. Go to Windows Update, and check. It installed Windows 10, version 20H2 for me.

    This solved the problem. I guess in five more days, they will start rolling it out, and this thread will no longer be needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments