Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-07T06:47:15+00:00

    Check this link for more information.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/rese...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-07T06:45:11+00:00

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Jan. I'm an Onedrive Advisor and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with your computer not working properly.

    Please try to reset your Onedrive app.

    -Press Windows key and R.

    -Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press OK.

    If this error message pops "Windows can't found..."

    type this instead:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

    and press OK.

    Then restart your PC then try to open Onedrive again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments