Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T18:48:35+00:00

    I’m still having the same problem on my wife’s Surface Book Pro, but not on my Surface Go. I did find a workaround that delivers the same outcome though. 

    In windows explorer, right click on your OneDrive folder and select the option to make the folder available offline. If you have the “status” view option enabled in windows explorer, you can verify the files are locally available. 

    Hope this helps!

    What does that option look like? I've right clicked on the OneDrive folder and I don't have any options like that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-12T06:14:16+00:00

    @Tag824

    Thank you. After installing this version my problem was solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T07:57:35+00:00

    Thanks

    This also worked fine for me

    BR

    Flemming

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T07:10:14+00:00

    In settings/about page, you can click "insider preview" aka the next update.

    In my understanding, OneDrive will update to the next build, and it solved it for me.

    I was in exactly the same situation.

    Thanks, 100% working solution, tested on 2 PCs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments