Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T17:44:14+00:00

    Hi

    I tried this method. I could see the file activity in taskmanager. I could see the action in OneDrive (when I clicked the cloud). The problem is I cannot find the Documents and Pictures folders on the PC. Only on OneDrive.

    Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T05:04:43+00:00

    I’m still having the same problem on my wife’s Surface Book Pro, but not on my Surface Go. I did find a workaround that delivers the same outcome though. 

    In windows explorer, right click on your OneDrive folder and select the option to make the folder available offline. If you have the “status” view option enabled in windows explorer, you can verify the files are locally available. 

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-01T04:08:29+00:00

    I still this problem. I couldn't uncheck "File on Demand" and I tried all method above. Anyone or Microsoft can help me. !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-27T22:15:44+00:00

    I need that this option can be disabled, I want all my files from onedrive to be available locally. For those that I don't, I've created special folder called Cloud only and that folder is deselected when choosing folders to sync in onedrive setup.

    This workaround with make this available offline is not very good thing since it has to be set on every folder - if parent folder is made available offline subfolders don't necessarily sync to local disk. This is not good! 

    Please, allow me to freely enable/disable files on demand feature.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments