Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-27T11:56:40+00:00

    That sounds like a great idea. I can make the template manager make a small change (Enter a letter into an unimportant cell or something minor) to the template and see whether my local templates match up when I flick the internet on and off.

    I'll give that a try on Monday and see if that works. 

    Thanks a lot for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-27T02:09:12+00:00

    Sadly the regedit @ShanShinan posted did not work for me.

    I'm still unable to make unchecking the box persist.

    If Microsoft sees this, this appears to be a recent problem, is it related to the May Update? I had the same issue on a machine with a clean install from Microsoft Recovery Media.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T16:56:10+00:00

    I agree with you, it's a pain and hope Microsoft fix it soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T14:32:32+00:00

    I followed this method and it worked great for me. I do have a question though.

    In my place of work we use excel templates to collect data out at customers sites.

    I need the capability to use the excel templates when I have no internet on my laptop . your work around gives me that capability.

    However, these excel templates are often updated onto Sharepoint/Onedrive and replaced by newer versions (bug fixes, more efficient methods etc.)

    Will using this method of 'always keep on this device' being enabled allow the templates to sync each time I have an internet connection so that I have the latest updated version on my laptop from the last time I had an internet connection?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments