BRO BRO BRO!!!!! i found the solution!!!! ITS A GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!!! u need to turn off the "require windows hello sign in" then later close the settings and open again!! AND BOOYAH!!!!! the picture password is back!!!!!!! DONT thank me but plz purchase for me Minecraft for Java edition!!! Thanks!!!
missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE HELP
I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.
When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:
Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates (according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"
I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.
here's a run down of all the steps taken:
using the 'run' box I typed in the following:
Step 1:
- secpol.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to
Local Policies -> Security Options. - On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.
Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0
Step 2:
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled (I selected DISABLED instead). Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.
Step 3:
Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to following entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
If the **System** subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.
- In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
- Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0
YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above
These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.
I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face (unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint (also unavailable). windows hello PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!
Please, can somebody help me fix this?
I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again (because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat) and I feel like I'm about to lose my mind...
thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-04-28T23:31:45+00:00 did you obtain an operating system software, via cd or dvd? I had to ask the seller for a OS backup disc to reinstall windows 10 64bit on my pc to install a clean version of windows through a factory reset. of course this does delete all files and software but once that was accomplished and I made certain all updates were completed, I was able to get back the picture password option.
If you've already done that, I am uncertain if I can help since that goes beyond the scope of what I had done; perhaps someone can help you further(?)
If you have not done a clean install of your OS, I recommend installing from a cd, usb drive or dvd with a factory reset; do not use the back up os embedded in the pc since it could be corrupted. that was my issue, the os was corrupted so a clean install fixed that.
I hope this helps(?)
Blessings
-
Anonymous
2021-04-29T03:14:25+00:00 No, but I got my picture password option back.
-
Anonymous
2021-04-29T03:16:11+00:00 Hi, You're really an angel, you fixed my problem. After doing this, I restarted my laptop, and what, my picture password was back. Thanks a lot! :)
-
Anonymous
2021-04-29T07:40:17+00:00 my pleasure, happy I could be of some help. yes not having picture password when you're accustom to it can be a pain. my new laptop didn't come with that option for some reason but since I use my desktop most often, I don't let that bother me but on my desktop... a must have
Blessings to you