BRO BRO BRO!!!!! i found the solution!!!! ITS A GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!!! u need to turn off the "require windows hello sign in" then later close the settings and open again!! AND BOOYAH!!!!! the picture password is back!!!!!!! DONT thank me but plz purchase for me Minecraft for Java edition!!! Thanks!!!
missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE HELP
I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.
When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:
Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates (according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"
I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.
here's a run down of all the steps taken:
using the 'run' box I typed in the following:
Step 1:
- secpol.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to
Local Policies -> Security Options. - On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.
Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0
Step 2:
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled (I selected DISABLED instead). Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.
Step 3:
Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to following entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
If the **System** subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.
- In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
- Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0
YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above
These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.
I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face (unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint (also unavailable). windows hello PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!
Please, can somebody help me fix this?
I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again (because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat) and I feel like I'm about to lose my mind...
thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-06-30T08:00:40+00:00 Hi,
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.
I understand that you’re facing issues with using picture password on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.
We will certainly look into this for you.
For further clarity on the issue, I would like to know the version of Windows 10 that you’re using currently.
Meanwhile, I would suggest you to creating a new user account and see if you’re able to set picture password. Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.
Regards,
Prakhar Khare
Microsoft Community – Moderator
-
Anonymous
2020-06-30T15:50:14+00:00 Thank you, Prakhar
I did that already and reset the pc again, 3 times now... My pc has just (literally) been reset, and I just got it on after the reinstall (reset) not 10 minutes ago, so I haven't checked the picture password thing yet, have a lot of updates to finish first, but I certainly appreciate your looking into this and if anything changes (too, on my end) I'll keep you posted
Blessings
-
Anonymous
2020-07-01T21:41:05+00:00 all i know is that according to the windows updater tool, i am up to date on everything, including the most recent may 2020 windows 10 creators update but now the option to select picture password or even the option to use password instead of pin, neither of these are showing up in the sign-in options window, and remains actually as the image I posted above.
I am still having issues, can we please look into this for a more productive resolution because i like having my hair exactly where it is (ugh), lol
but seriously, I need help fixing this please
or better yet, when resetting my pc, it automatically reinstalled windows with the may 2020 creators update, perhaps that's the issue(?) if so, how can i revert back to an older version of the creators update if my pc installed windows 10 with the may 2020 one automatically? and yes, I used the media creation tool to make a copy of windows 10 before reinstalling it
I mean this is really getting frustrating. I am not about to do a 4th reinstall of windows 10 again and it's been days since the last one; I would really like to see this issue resolve straight away
thanks
-
Anonymous
2020-07-03T03:08:19+00:00 Hi,
Thank you for replying with the updated information, and I apologize for the delayed response.
We are researching on this issue. Meanwhile, please let us know the information below:
1. Which media did you use to re-install Windows? Was it an ISO image downloaded from Microsoft Downloads using MCT or a pre-downloaded image?
2. Are you using a Work account by any chance or group policies that are synced from a server?
We certainly appreciate your efforts, however, we will continue to investigate on this issue.
Regards,
Prakhar Khare
Microsoft Community - Moderator