BRO BRO BRO!!!!! i found the solution!!!! ITS A GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!!! u need to turn off the "require windows hello sign in" then later close the settings and open again!! AND BOOYAH!!!!! the picture password is back!!!!!!! DONT thank me but plz purchase for me Minecraft for Java edition!!! Thanks!!!
missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE HELP
I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.
When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:
Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates (according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"
I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.
here's a run down of all the steps taken:
using the 'run' box I typed in the following:
Step 1:
- secpol.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to
Local Policies -> Security Options. - On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.
Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0
Step 2:
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled (I selected DISABLED instead). Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.
Step 3:
Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to following entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
If the **System** subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.
- In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
- Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0
YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above
These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.
I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face (unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint (also unavailable). windows hello PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!
Please, can somebody help me fix this?
I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again (because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat) and I feel like I'm about to lose my mind...
thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-12-04T16:19:43+00:00 yeah.... you're going to have to ask your parents to get you minecraft, lol Christmas is right around the corner, literally.
Outside of that, I too am self taught with computers, and I did attempt the simplest things first, even that option; it was one of the first options I tried BUT it was not an issue with the update however, if the windows 10 software installed gets corrupted (like mine did), then yes, the updates can pose similar issues.
What I had to do, was get the seller to send me a certified copy of windows 10 pro x64 bit; the installed version was inaccessible (missing), then reset everything to factory defaults and reinstall the OS from the disc he sent. Once I did that, I no longer had any issues.
My current update is well past the may 2004 one, the one I thought caused the issues and I am using picture password now.
thanks again for your help and do ask really nicely for your parents to buy you that game... offer to do some extra chores or something if simply asking doesn't work... who knows, they may say yes.
blessings
-
Anonymous
2020-12-04T16:10:11+00:00 turns out for me, it wasn't an update issue but was a corrupted os issue. once i reinstalled the new (replacement) os the seller sent me I have not had any further issues even after several updates.
Perhaps reinstalling windows to factory defaults might help???
Just be sure to backup everything first, should you try this option.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-04T16:06:38+00:00 thank you and my apologies for replying so late, I only just now got an email saying there was a reply.
I contacted the refurbisher/seller and we determined it was an OS issue as it appears that the backup preinstalled OS was corrupted so he sent me a replacement disc for windows 10. since I reinstalled the OS from the disc he supplied me, the issue has since been resolved.
My apologies too, for not updating on this issue. I simply had forgotten all about this post.
anyway... ISSUE RESOLVED!
Thanks again everyone for your replies.
IGSTREEM777 we had troubleshooted that as a possible scenario for the issues however, that did not resolve it but like I said above, it was an OS software corruption error that has since been resolved.
thanks everyone
-
Anonymous
2020-12-04T16:00:35+00:00 see? if you turn on that require thingy, it will not allow you to choose the picture thingy.. BUT now!!!!
See??? That's the magic. you need to check the simple ones than going deep into it!! Anyway, I am a 16-year-old kid!!!
Turn off the "Require Windows hello Sign in for Microsoft accounts" Thats it!!
even Microsoft moderators couldn't solve such a silly matter. And telling something very deep. even though I am not good in computers, I do think out and in the box!
To thank me, plz if possible purchase for me Minecraft - Java Edition. Thank u a lot!!! 🥰