missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
2020-06-29T17:47:39+00:00

I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.

When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:

Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates (according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"

I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.

here's a run down of all the steps taken:

using the 'run' box I typed in the following:

Step 1:

  1. secpol.msc and press Enter.
  2. In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options.
  3. On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.

Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0

Step 2:

  1. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
  2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon 3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled (I selected DISABLED instead). Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.

Step 3:

Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor

  1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
  2. Next, navigate to following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

If the **System** subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.
  1. In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
  2. Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0

YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above

These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.

I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face (unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint (also unavailable). windows hello PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!

Please, can somebody help me fix this?

I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again (because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat) and I feel like I'm about to lose my mind...

thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-12-04T15:54:14+00:00

BRO BRO BRO!!!!! i found the solution!!!! ITS A GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!!!  u need to turn off the "require windows hello sign in" then later close the settings and open again!! AND BOOYAH!!!!! the picture password is back!!!!!!! DONT thank me but plz purchase for me Minecraft for Java edition!!! Thanks!!!

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-05T13:03:51+00:00

    I know this is old but i noticed this on windows 11 also

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-03T22:35:58+00:00

    TURN THIS OFF: REQUIRE WINDOWS HELLO SIGN-IN FOR MICROSOFT ACCOUNTS (For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device). Turn this option off in Windows Settings and then close the settings and then again open the Settings and the "Picture Password" option will appear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-21T03:29:04+00:00

    BOOYAH! That is so great, you found it and you are booyah in your face SMART and I got to thank you.

    Hope you got your Minecraft for Java edition. Thanks

    thank you again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-08T15:26:44+00:00

    I input wrong picture password and now I can't find the option where i can enter the picture password. I am only asked to enter the admin password. Now i have to format the laptop because I can't find the picture password option. I forgot the pin or the password. I don't know where to find the login option with picture password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments