Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T17:04:24+00:00

    I have the same issue.  My secondary display is above my laptop.  So the maximized window from below (laptop) is bleeding on the bottom of the secondary display.  I believe it happens with apps that Microsoft has overwritten the standard window header like Chromium Edge and Teams.  It is worse for Edge because it overlays half of the taskbar from above.  When I minimize my window from below, then it disappears. It will also disappear if I click on the taskbar on the secondary display.  This issue has been happening for months/years. I am not sure which Windows release it started happening in.  As you can see in the screenshot, it cuts off the bottom 40% of my taskbar. The only way I can resolve it is to make the Edge window below not maximized. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T11:03:04+00:00

    I am having the same issue, unfortunately as my monitors are set up as 1 on top of 3 instead of 2x2, windows simply snaps the top monitor back to the bottom center monitor when i attempt to move it upwards. If I realign the right or left monitor slightly upwards, I can then raise the center upper monitor, but then the pointer gets stuck between the two monitors (I have to move it at maximum speed to make it hop into the other monitor between mouse polls—very difficult with a polling rate of 1000!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T10:07:54+00:00

    This is what worked for me.  I have a 4 monitors setup, 2 monitors side by side and the other 2 are side by side but on top of the previous 2.  I got a large rectangle setup.  I tested both Firefox and Edge and they both bled into the the monitor on top.  This is Windows 10  issue in my case.  I right clicked on an empty space on my main monitor. Select display setting from the pull down issue. On display setting window, I can see form the picture that the top 2 monitors slightly overlapping the bottom 2 monitors.  I selected the top 2 monitors, one at a time, and drag them slightly up.  This fixed my issue of the bleed issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T19:32:17+00:00

    This has been happening to me for over a year now -- I believe it's a bug in Windows.

    I run my monitors at 125% so it might be related to DPI, using 1920x1200 resolution, 3 monitors side by side, with the center one being the primary. -- I've even reported this bug on the windows 10 bug reporter and it still happens.

    It happens whether or not that Window is focused -- sometimes it takes awhile to happen -- usually just restoring and re-maximizing the window will fix the issue temporarily, but eventually it will happen again.  It happens with any app on Windows, so it's definitely a windows bug.

    Other thoughts: I'm really surprised by the MVP and Microsoft responses to this question -- like the pictures were very clear -- and it's obviously a bug -- like if you maximize a window on one screen it should STAY on that screen. -- It should not have one pixel on the side of that window float off onto another screen and show up on top of the windows on the other screens.

    Microsoft, please fix this!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more