I have had exactly the same experience. Setup an additional monitor below my original screen at 125% scaling. Later changed the screen to 100% scaling and started seeing the window bleed into my top screen. Changing the monitor back to 125% fixed the problem. This solution works fine in my case but I would like to know why this is happening and would like to have the freedom to adjust my scaling without seeing the window bleed.
Focused window bleed onto second monitor
Hi all,
A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?
I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-12-01T15:15:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-11-23T00:29:21+00:00 I am having the very same problem on Windows 10 v1809 (LTSC). I think it began when I installed a new monitor with a different scaling (125%) compared to the other two (100%). Previously, when all of them were using the same scaling (100%), I don't think I ever experienced it.
In my case, I have been able to fix it on a per application basis. If I just leave the compatibility options of the application empty, the bleeding occurs. However, if I select the "Change high DPI settings" option, click on the "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by" checkbox and then select any of the options, the bleeding disappears.
Hope that helps.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2020-11-10T17:25:56+00:00 I'm having this problem as well and I think it started with 2004 and is still around in 2009. The solution from Steve unfortunately doesn't work if you are using a monitor on top and it's bleeding up from the bottom screen.