Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-17T13:31:12+00:00

    Hi all,

    A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

    I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

    Image

    Hello SaifNavid,

    I am not sure if you ever found a resolve to this issue nor do I know what kind of graphics card you have. I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 & discovered the same bleed issue. I have two Nvidia Driver based graphics cards & in order to resolve this bleed issue I used the Nvidia Control Panel. On the right side you will see a set of three "Tasks" (3D Settings, Display & Video), select the "Display" task & then select the "Adjust Desktop size & position". Once selected you will see two options, the first selects the monitor  & the second gives you two tabs, one for "Scaling" & another for "Size", select the "Size" tab & option #2 "Resize the desktop...", click on the box "Enable desktop resizing" & then select the command box labeled "resize". Once completed Nvidia will bring a screen with four arrows in each corner & a pop-up box with two slider bars (do not attempt to use the "+" or "-" icon as nothing will happen as this uses a slider type mechanism). Once there use the slider to adjust the screen size & you should be able to solve in the issue.

    Unfortunately this is neither a Windows 10 or a graphics card issue, this is simply an issue with the display's resolution not matching the recommended or other preset sizes.

    I hope this helps you & all the others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-05T21:46:45+00:00

    if you pull them apart you cant cross from one window to the other....

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T18:43:17+00:00

    I am having this same problem, I have 3 monitors, all the same monitor, and have 2 side by side in normal landscape format with the third one in a portrait position on the far right. The middle monitor and right monitor bleed from one to the other based on what I have focused (clicked on) last

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T13:55:47+00:00

    I have the same problem. I use Windows 7 still. I use a third party program called Win Divvy which can adjust screen edge margins as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T05:10:22+00:00

    I have the same set up.  2 side by side on top, 2 side by side on the bottom.  Display settings wouldn't let me separate the monitors they way you describe.  My bottom 2 monitors are the same, the ones on top are different and different sizes.  Maybe that's the problem with mine?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments