Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T15:45:06+00:00

    Yeah Chrome was the main problem for me too, but a few other apps were doing it too. Since redoing the monitor layouts with the Nvidia Control Panel though, it's been absolutely fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T08:53:51+00:00

    Same issue here too. Two monitors, one above the other and the lower one bleeds into the upper one as previously described by many other. 

    One thing of note, the problem occurs in Chrome or Edge but not in Opera. There is no bleed when using Opera on the lower screen.

    Lower monitor is 5120x2160 125% scaling - Upper monitor is 1920x1080 100% scaling.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-13T18:26:03+00:00

    Same issue here, I have a 2 x 2 monitor setup, horizontally they're fine but vertically I can't have anything maximised in the bottom screens as it will bleed onto the taskbars of the top screens.

    My suspicion is the Settings app for adjusting the monitor layouts. Most of the new Settings screens are pretty janky and this seems to lack the finesse needed to put the screens exactly where they need to be; spacing between monitors is inconsistent; it's just (another) terrible UI.

    However, I seem to have found a fix...

    The NVIDIA Control Panel also has the option to Set up multiple displays and simply moving them about and putting them back where they were with that and applying the change appears to have solved the issue, now to see how long it sticks for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-08T17:17:12+00:00

    I also now have this issue. It actually doesnt allow me to horizontally scroll in teams as its not possible to click the horizontal scroll bar too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-25T13:05:55+00:00

    After having this issue annoying me for a while, I started using Fancy Zones and if I maximize using it the problem doesn't help.

    It is not the solution I wanted, but helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments