Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-24T08:05:53+00:00

    yep, I have the same problem. My setup: two monitors vertically extended. Main bottom monitor is 1440p, and whenever I maximize a Chrome window in the bottom screen, it cuts into my full screen VLC video playing in the top monitor. Attached is what happens

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-03T18:43:17+00:00

    I am having this same problem, I have 3 monitors, all the same monitor, and have 2 side by side in normal landscape format with the third one in a portrait position on the far right. The middle monitor and right monitor bleed from one to the other based on what I have focused (clicked on) last

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T13:55:47+00:00

    I have the same problem. I use Windows 7 still. I use a third party program called Win Divvy which can adjust screen edge margins as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-02T00:39:38+00:00

    I have the same issue as well. Bottom (laptop, 4K) monitor at 250% and top (external via HDMI from USB-C hub, 1400x900) at 100%. Not a problem in day to day use, but irritating when presenting!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments