Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-15T22:19:05+00:00

    Hello SaifNavid,

    I am not sure if you ever found a resolve to this issue nor do I know what kind of graphics card you have. I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 & discovered the same bleed issue. I have two Nvidia Driver based graphics cards & in order to resolve this bleed issue I used the Nvidia Control Panel. On the right side you will see a set of three "Tasks" (3D Settings, Display & Video), select the "Display" task & then select the "Adjust Desktop size & position". Once selected you will see two options, the first selects the monitor  & the second gives you two tabs, one for "Scaling" & another for "Size", select the "Size" tab & option #2 "Resize the desktop...", click on the box "Enable desktop resizing" & then select the command box labeled "resize". Once completed Nvidia will bring a screen with four arrows in each corner & a pop-up box with two slider bars (do not attempt to use the "+" or "-" icon as nothing will happen as this uses a slider type mechanism). Once there use the slider to adjust the screen size & you should be able to solve in the issue.

    Unfortunately this is neither a Windows 10 or a graphics card issue, this is simply an issue with the display's resolution not matching the recommended or other preset sizes.

    I hope this helps you & all the others.

    Thank you for that, it "sort of" solves the problem, BUT using nvidia control panel puts my 3 monitors side by side in the picture which means I have to move my mouse from left to right to switch to each monitor, using nvidia control panel to move them around, instantly recreates the problem for me as soon as I position a monitor on top of the main display. (Bleeding from middle monitor to top monitor.).. (it only does it using Thunderbird, no other program)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T21:33:10+00:00

    I have the problem too.

    I find if I dock a window to the left half or right half of the screen it does not bleed to screen above, only when I maximise the window in a screen. 

    I have also found in Word, if I have a document open maximised in the bottom screen, and I open another instance of Word by clicking on another Word document in file manager, the first instance of Word gets moved to the top screen.  This is annoying as it opens at the same window size, and my top screen is 1080 but the bottom screen is 4k.  I therefore see the bottom part of the initial Word document now moved on my top screen and can no longer access the title bar to move it!!!

    Microsoft - can you please fix this.  It is really annoying having open windows moved to a place I cannot move them from.  It is annoying have maximised windows bleeding into other windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T15:51:06+00:00

    Sorry, but what is Nvidia Control Panel?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments