NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T12:48:22+00:00

    I got the same issue once today, it hasn't repeated yet.  Interesting that someome mentioned Oculus and VPN software as I run both (Oculus is well known for releasing buggy ****).

    That said in my case it was on a reboot after a power cut and the error doesn't shut down or reboot my system.

    Given a lot of people are saying they run NordVPN and the issue corrected after uninstall, it might well be Windows not playing nice with VPN software I think mine occured when Cyberghost VPN was initialising. I have had Cyberghost service terminated unexpectedly messages on occasion too. While that sadly doesn't help anyone directly it might be worth trying removing your VPN software and seeing if it helps, you can always put it back one you have confirmed or negated the issue has resolved.

    I am not doing that at the moment as i have only had the error once and like i said after a power cut but i will monitor it with interest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T00:26:39+00:00

    I have reinstalled windows and the same error shows up. Ran SFC and DISM successfully at least 5 times each, no corruption detected at all. Blue screen error is either "unexpected store exception" or "critical process died." Not a hardware failure since I had successfully solved a BSOD loop 3 weeks ago. All my drivers and BIOS are up to date, cannot contact my laptop's manufacturer because they went out of business. It's worth noting that the shutdown always occurs 3.5 hours after login, no matter if the system is completely idle or at 100% load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T11:33:55+00:00

    Just to add to this, so people have more data.

    I am getting this error, and run a VPN, but I run SurfShark. Also, right before the error, I get this entry into the log:

    "Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service wintunshark for Device Instance ID ROOT\NET\0000 with the following status: 0."

    I happen to have a pretty clean setup as well, as I reimaged my PC a few weeks ago. So strong evidence points to the following things, based on this thread.

    1. It's VPN related.
    2. It seems to be more common with fresh installs of windows, indicating that older versions of windows may have a more stable version of a driver.

    subscribing in case someone solves this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T16:08:07+00:00

    Funny thing, same network (internet) connection issues (commonly after system shutdowns). Using SurfShark for the few days. Reseting network solves the issue. Haven't uninstalled SurfShark yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments