NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-03T11:42:36+00:00

    It's been a few weeks now since I removed NordVPN, and the issue hasn't returned.  Has anyone contacted NordVPN about this problem?  I have a subscription, so I'd like to be able to use it again at some point.  Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to use another VPN client with Nord?  Thanks!

    [EDIT] In case anyone else is interested, you can download the OpenVPN client and set up a connection to NordVPN through that.  You can download the required profiles from the NordVPN website... https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Windows/1047409832/How-to-set-up-manual-connection-on-Windows-7-and-above.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-10T13:48:20+00:00

    Hi, I also got this problem. After read this topic, seems like a lot of Nord users got the same one like me. I just sent a message to nord team which also contains the link to this topic. Hope they can have an investigation and also the answer for us.

    Regards.

    From a Nord user with fking sht bug like I have something wrong with my hardware 😒

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T08:36:26+00:00

    I was come up with this post with the same issue, I had uninstalled Nord but the problem still remains. After checking everything I found that my PC voltage drops until below 200V because of a bad cable. Replace with the good one cable it's solved my problem.

    I'm not sure this is because of my Nord VPN or hardware problem related to power cable or PSU. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem even after uninstalling Nord VPN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T18:21:33+00:00

    3 pages of "me too". ffs

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T23:06:30+00:00

    This probably isn't going help most of you but I reapplied the thermal paste on my CPU after realising I hadn't done it for almost 8 years.

    It's been three days and I haven't had a crash/lock up yet. If your standard OS/driver checks yield nothing then take a look at your components and begin swapping them out systematically until you a isolated the issue or notice something you may not have maintained very well.

    Simple OS checks you can do in powershell or cmd:

    sfc /scannow

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    Confirm you OS's hard drive is functioning properly:

    CHKDSK /f /r C:

    Goodluck everyone.

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments