NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T17:20:34+00:00

    I also have NordVPN installed and have these error events. Uninstalling now and will report back in a week or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T05:05:00+00:00

    Thanks for share this. I had same problem also I had NordVPN. After uninstalled NordVPNthe problem still remain. I had no idea what to do next. Re install all related network drive didn't help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T05:35:52+00:00

    Same here ! I suspected Oculus Service or NordVPN. Just uninstalled NordVPN and keeping my fingers crossed. Interesting that a lot of us seem to have had the issue just in the last couple of days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T07:27:34+00:00

    Same here. I am not uninstalling NordVPN since I use it daily, but I do have it installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T09:35:02+00:00

    Uninstall NordVPN Fixes it 100%

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments