NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-20T14:53:49+00:00

    I have switched my memories to another slot, now it's working fine. I have 2x16GB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T14:11:17+00:00

    Hey -

    Think I've solved it and hope this can help y'all

    This was driving me absolutely nuts, same issue, random power cycling while playing certain games

    Thought it was GPU overheating, ruled out

    Then thought it was PSU issue, ruled out

    Figured it must be a software/net thing due to the error report

    Found threads on this error plaguing IT guys going back to 2000

    Noticed in my event log that it only began after I had installed NordVPN 

    Event completely turning off all services and it still occurred

    Did a full uninstall and it hasn't happened since

    Perhaps some recent driver issue with Windows 10 not playing nice with VPN services (?!)

    Not gonna pretend I know why this happens, and hopefully is fixed in the future

    Anyway, hope this helps anyone else!

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T14:22:45+00:00

    Hey, that's very interesting... I do have NordVPN as well.

    I'll try uninstalling and see if it happens again. Thanks for sharing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T15:03:18+00:00

    Any joy?  I have the same issue and also have NordVPN so I've uninstalled it and will see if it changes anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T15:22:25+00:00

    So far so good! It's 'only' been a week so I'm being cautiously optimistic. 

    We might want to check that NordVPN is aware, the issue might be with them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments