I thought this was going to be an answer instead of a "me too!"
NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart
Hi there,
Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.
Windows 10 64 bit
Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were available, the string represents a cluster device name.
Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were available, the string represents a cluster device name.
I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-04-05T19:50:15+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-03-18T16:08:07+00:00 Funny thing, same network (internet) connection issues (commonly after system shutdowns). Using SurfShark for the few days. Reseting network solves the issue. Haven't uninstalled SurfShark yet.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-23T11:33:55+00:00 Just to add to this, so people have more data.
I am getting this error, and run a VPN, but I run SurfShark. Also, right before the error, I get this entry into the log:
"Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service wintunshark for Device Instance ID ROOT\NET\0000 with the following status: 0."
I happen to have a pretty clean setup as well, as I reimaged my PC a few weeks ago. So strong evidence points to the following things, based on this thread.
- It's VPN related.
- It seems to be more common with fresh installs of windows, indicating that older versions of windows may have a more stable version of a driver.
subscribing in case someone solves this.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more