NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T20:32:10+00:00

    It's called people helping build a picture through experiences of the issue towards finding an answer. You can help ...or just complain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T14:22:45+00:00

    Hey, that's very interesting... I do have NordVPN as well.

    I'll try uninstalling and see if it happens again. Thanks for sharing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-03T02:23:54+00:00

    This may not be helpful nor a viable solution for everyone, but all my Windows issues, including this one, simply evaporated by just no longer using Windows.

    This may not be what some people want to hear but I digress. The horror stories I'm hearing of updates still to this day breaking systems and deleting user files make me glad I left and never looked back. Linux Mint, among others is a solid OS and even runs most Windows games as good, if not better than Windows itself does, without the telemetry, bloat, and insane amount of broken updates.

    Worth a shot for anyone willing to take the dive! Mint is also very familiar to long-time Windows users such as myself so it really feels very comfortable to use and the small differences you get used to quickly.

    Cheers!

    I have used many operating systems in the past, and I can say almost all of them are better then Windows at being operating systems. However, for a vast majority of people, windows is required, so this solution is not a valid one in most cases. If you don't play games, need prefect compatibility with word/excel, are a .Net developer, or use one of the many windows only pieces of software for your work, then I say give it a shot. However gaming alone will keep most people locked into windows.

    P.S. Yes, you can run windows games on Linux. But the setup is work, and I don't agree with the comment that it will run "most" games as good or better. With some work, it will run many games.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-03T11:42:36+00:00

    It's been a few weeks now since I removed NordVPN, and the issue hasn't returned.  Has anyone contacted NordVPN about this problem?  I have a subscription, so I'd like to be able to use it again at some point.  Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to use another VPN client with Nord?  Thanks!

    [EDIT] In case anyone else is interested, you can download the OpenVPN client and set up a connection to NordVPN through that.  You can download the required profiles from the NordVPN website... https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Windows/1047409832/How-to-set-up-manual-connection-on-Windows-7-and-above.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T15:22:25+00:00

    So far so good! It's 'only' been a week so I'm being cautiously optimistic. 

    We might want to check that NordVPN is aware, the issue might be with them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments