BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-04T00:10:01+00:00

    Almost a month now and not a single crash since I decided to leave Malwarebytes closed. Anybody else with similar results?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-01T22:56:07+00:00

    I'm having the same issues as everyone else that has written in this thread. My BSOD's would usually happen when on chrome, often randomly when watching youtube and I appear to have the same setup of Avast antivirus and Malwarebytes running on my computer.

    I found a post on the malwarebytes forum here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/261609-malwareytes-premium-breaking-ndusys/ for the same issue that we're having. They appeared to be able to fix for the person in that thread, though they recommend not following the same steps that they gave to the original poster and to instead make a separate post of your problem.

    I should note I have not tried renaming my ndu.sys file OR making a new post on the malwarebytes forum yet. I thought it might be useful to know that other people are having the same problem. I am going to make a post on the malwarebytes forum tomorrow and go through the steps that way, but I will also update here if anything solves this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-01T23:12:07+00:00

    Malwarebytes uninstalled itself randomly because i decided to repair it via the tool they provide and Im gonna give it a try without the software. So far, been 2 days and no crash. Shame because i love thr added protection, but I guess avast will have to do 😓.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-01T23:12:53+00:00

    Yep, saw the same issue and thread. Really annoyed how malwarebytes hasnt found a solve for this yet. Its been months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-02T00:10:14+00:00

    I just gave up and uninstalled Malwarebytes, much as I love the protection it offers. Too many issues, too many times...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments