BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T10:39:02+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-27T01:40:23+00:00

    I downloaded some drivers from Samsung Update (even though it said they were already installed) and installed them again, unplugged the mouse, disabled Wi-Fi and using only ethernet cable for the last three days. The problem seemed to be gone, three days and nothing happened, but unfortunately it just crashed again now, same blue screen, same message.

    I have Malwarebytes premium and it doesn't detect any malware.

    I think that most of the times it happened I had FireFox open, but it could be just a coincidence, as I have it open most of the time anyway, and not sure how it could cause a BSOD.

    Don't know what else I can do.

    Here's the latest dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArjvdiyDsslSmGSZrc624iXLGceh?e=pH6faV

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T19:59:08+00:00

    I have been having the same issue. Yesterday I updated to the 2004 Feature version, thinking perhaps there might be a file overwritten in the update that could change things. I have run sfc twice, and it came back with 0 errors. Here is the link for the 3 mini-dumps from today: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-KiYaIxfN1gtthgjz0LsCF6A-XVQ?e=ydMTTw

    I'm working remotely, so I hope this is an easy fix!

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-23T22:19:07+00:00

    Unfortunately memory dump does not show exact details.

    Do not update drivers thru Device manager, just download correct drivers from Samsung site and reinstall them.

    And this may be caused by malware too.

    Do you use Wi-Fi connection? If yeas, try to disable Wi-Fi module and use wire LAN connection to check.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T19:50:58+00:00

    It happened again.

    sfc /scannow shows no more problems. I tried updating all USB drivers but Device Manager says they are already the latest versions. This is a notebook Samsung Odyssey (NP800G5H-XG4BR). I looked on Samsung's website but there are no drivers to download. Checked on Samsung Update app, nothing there either. What exactly is the problem with USB? The only thing I have plugged in is a Logitech mouse (M90) that I've been using for more than a year. And I'm afraid of uninstalling drivers without knowing exactly which one and how to recover them if something goes wrong.

    Edit: happened twice today. Last time it showed Ndu.sys again. Both minidumps uploaded here:

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArjvdiyDsslSmGEaWBivOjJwhWOs?e=YUmJ5O

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments