BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T16:35:46+00:00

    I haven't tried it yet. I updated a driver--changed to a standard driver as directed somewhere else, and the blue screens haven't been as constant. If it happens again, I'll try renaming. I'm always nervous about making changes like that, so it's the last resort, still.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T13:32:04+00:00

    Hi, I've had the same issue as you did. It only started to happen after I updated malwarebytes premium. (I still had the free 14 day trial version). Now that i've removed malwarebytes, it looks as if the bsod have vanished. So imo the bsod are related to ( the latest update from) malwarebytes (premium).

    I hope this answer was any help to you.

    Cheers, 

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T15:50:47+00:00

    Did renaming fix the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T08:17:18+00:00

    Having a similar problem. Thinking about renaming ndu.sys as suggested by several posts and articles. Nothing else seems to work and the new 2004 version update didn't, as many have already said. There's a Regedit fix I've read about, but I'm loathe to try it. So renaming may be the next option--has anyone already done that? Similar to the fix above...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T18:02:56+00:00

    I can assure you that the 2004 update does NOT solve that problem. I have it installed and tried most everything, but it did not go away.

    Since two days I did not see a BSOD now, so perhaps my last attempt helped: I deleted ndu.sys and copied another version (from build 1907 I think it was) into the directory (using Linux to do that as these files are not easy to delete or change).

    Since then - for about 50 hours now - no more blue sceens.

    Keeping my fingers crossed though ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments