BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T21:17:58+00:00

    Did renaming the file work for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T21:11:10+00:00

    Any luck? I've uninstalled software, updated drives, should I try deleting the ndu.sys file? 

    There's an article that tells you how to rename that file safely, instead of deleting it. It actually tells you lots of ways to deal with this issue. It might help you:

    http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-repair-ndu-sys-bsod-error/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T20:53:31+00:00

    Any luck? I've uninstalled software, updated drives, should I try deleting the ndu.sys file? 

    Have there been a successful solve for the issue?

    I'd be careful with deleting system files if you're not sure you won't compromise anything. As I don't have experience with that, I haven't tried that.

    These last 10 days or so I haven't had another crash and the only different thing I'm doing is closing Malwarebytes as soon as I can after starting the computer. I did not remove the program, just closed it completely. It seems to be working, though I think it's to soon to say with 100% certainty Malwarebytes is the cause. In the next weeks I'll report back here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T20:46:56+00:00

    We're you able to jot down a general idea of what to tweak in avast and malwarebytes? I actually have the same combo set up

    Unfortunately no. I got the info from the blue screen which just stated, the ndu.sys. so I renamed it, I'm hoping this will do or else I'll probably have to do a clean install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T20:02:22+00:00

    We're you able to jot down a general idea of what to tweak in avast and malwarebytes? I actually have the same combo set up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments